Getting your Prince Castle toaster ready for greater customer and product volume requires bringing the unit up to date on its cleaning. Follow the instructions below to get your equipment operating to its fullest capacity, as well as making it clean and safe for your customers.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, always unplug your Prince Castle equipment before cleaning and performing preventative maintenance. Do not use metal scrapers, sharp objects or abrasives as damage may result to surfaces. Do not use solvents or other unapproved cleaning agents as they may harm plastic materials. Remember to use all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when cleaning and sanitizing.
- Gather cleaning materials. You will need clean cloths, neoprene gloves, Multipurpose Detergent Solution, sanitizer solution, and lukewarm soap and water.
- Cool down procedure: Press clean icon on run/home screen. Clean screen will appear, displaying platen temperature and cool down set point.
- When cooled, cleaning icon will display.
- Turn the On/Off switch to Off position.
- Unplug unit.
- Remove bun in feed and release sheet by lifting. Lay release sheet on flat surface.
- Open conveyor doors by lifting from bottom and lowering gently.
- Clean release sheet.
- Put on neoprene gloves.
- Dampen a clean cloth with lukewarm soap and water.
- Wipe down both sides of the release sheet, making sure all built-up sugar is removed.
- Wipe down both sides with a clean cloth, dampened with water and allow to air dry.
- Rotate sheets daily for longer life.
- Do not use any cleaning substances here other than soap.
- Reinstall the release sheet.
- Clean the conveyors, inside of doors, and bun feed.
- Wipe the conveyor with a clean cloth dampened with Multipurpose Detergent Solution, rotating it as you clean to reach its entire surface.
- Wipe the entire surface with a clean cloth, dampened with sanitizer solution.
- Dampen a clean cloth with lukewarm soap and water. Wipe the inside of doors and bun infeed.
- Wipe the inside of the doors and bun infeed again with a fresh, clean, sanitized cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or pads on any surface.
- Units with silicone wraps.
- Must clean the silicone wrap and the wires underneath.
- Clean silicone per above. Rotate conveyor to area where belt ends meet.
- Unhook and remove from conveyor and place on clean surface, black side up.
- Clean wire conveyor per above.
- Reinstall bun infeed.
- Clean the outside of the unit.
- Dampen a clean cloth with lukewarm soap and water. Wipe down all outside surfaces.
- Wipe again with a clean, sanitized cloth.
Release Sheet Replacement
- Rotate sheets daily for longer life. Replace sheets depending on volume of product toasted. Replace more frequently if using butter.
These instructions are written and meant for you or your staff to perform. For additional assistance performing this maintenance, please refer to your user manual or contact your local service provider.
For Prince Castle technical support and warranty needs, contact Marmon Link at 1-800-722-7853.
In addition to the maintenance instructions provided, please follow all city, state, and corporate (if applicable) safety regulations when re-opening your location to the public.