Getting your Cornelius Viper Frozen Carbonated Beverage Dispenser ready for higher customer volume requires cleaning and possible sanitization. Please note that sanitization on Viper models should only be performed by qualified service technicians. Follow the instructions below to get your equipment operating to its fullest capacity, as well as making it clean and safe to meet your customers' expectations.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, always unplug your Cornelius equipment before cleaning and performing preventative maintenance. Do not use metal scrapers, sharp objects or abrasives as damage may result to surfaces. Do not use solvents or other unapproved cleaning agents as they may harm plastic materials. Remember to use all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when cleaning and sanitizing.
- CAUTION: Do not use chlorine-based solutions on stainless steel surfaces.
- Clean all external surfaces with a mild soap solution and rinse with clean water. Dry all external surfaces with a clean soft cloth.
- Remove the drip tray (if applicable) and wash with a mild soap solution.
- Dry the tray thoroughly and replace it.
- The air filter should be cleaned at least once a month.
- Open the merchandiser.
- Remove the filter by grasping the two tabs and sliding it straight out the front of the unit.
- Carefully wash the filter with clean water. Shake out the excess water and wait for it to fully dry.
- Reinstall the air filter and close the merchandiser.
The Viper system should be sanitized every 180 days. If you are nearing that time or want to sanitize in anticipation of greater usage, contact a qualified service technician.
- Sanitizing should only be performed by qualified service technicians. Please contact your local service provider to schedule service.
These instructions are written and meant for you or your staff to perform. For additional assistance performing this maintenance, please refer to your user manual or contact your local service provider.
For Cornelius technical support and warranty needs, contact Marmon Link at 1-800-238-3600.
In addition to the maintenance instructions provided, please follow all city, state, and corporate (if applicable) safety regulations when re-opening your location to the public.