Getting your Cornelius IDC Pro dispenser ready for higher customer volume requires daily cleaning and sanitization. Follow the instructions below to get your equipment operating to its fullest capacity, as well as making it clean and safe to meet your customers' expectations.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, always unplug your Cornelius equipment before cleaning and performing preventative maintenance. Do not use metal scrapers, sharp objects or abrasives as damage may result to surfaces. Do not use solvents or other unapproved cleaning agents as they may harm plastic materials. Remember to use all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when cleaning and sanitizing.
- Check the unit for CO2 and water leaks. If any are found, call a qualified service technician to repair them, as needed.
- Check the CO2 and water supply valves.
- Visually check the beverage/syrup lines for leaks. If leaks are noted, call a service technician.
- Check the temperature, smell and taste of the product.
- Check the carbonation of the drinks.
- Check the level of the CO2 supply in the backroom.
- Make sure the bulk CO2 cylinder regulator gage indicator is not in the shaded (“change CO2 cylinder”) portion of the dial. If the gage indicator is in the shaded area, the cylinder is almost empty and must be replaced.
- Check the dates on all the BIBs for expiration.
- Remove foreign material from vending area drip tray to prevent drain blockage.
- Clean vending area. Check for proper water drainage from the drip tray.
- Remove the cup rest from the drip tray and clean it with warm soapy water, rinse it with clean water and allow it to air dry.
- Display the keypad screen by tapping each corner of the video screen starting in the upper right corner and continuing to tap each corner in a counterclockwise direction, in the form of a “C”.
- NOTE: As each corner is touched, a small confirmation rectangle momentarily appears to confirm the touch.
- Select the Screen Clean button to display the Screen Cleaning Screen, as shown. Touch the screen to start the countdown for cleaning. This function disables the display so that drinks are not dispensed during the screen cleaning process.
- Wipe down the display screen while the countdown timer is disabling the display.
- When the display screen is clean, touch the Back button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Wipe down the rest of the exterior of the unit with warm soapy water, rinse it with clean water and allow it to air dry.
- Remove the nozzles and diffusers and wash them in warm soapy water. Clean with nylon bristle brush provided, if required. Rinse the nozzles and diffusers in clean water and allow them to air dry.
- Clean the interior of the ice chute using the brush provided with the unit. User warm soapy water, rinse with clear water and allow to air dry.
- Spray the ice chute inside and out with sanitizer and allow it to air dry.
- Pour warm soapy water down the drain to keep it clean and flowing properly.
- Spray the nozzles and diffusers inside and outside with approved sanitizing solution, reinstall them on the valves and allow them to air dry.
- Reinstall the cup rest into the drip tray.
- Pour all the remaining sanitizer solution down the drain to help keep the drain clear.
Weekly Cleaning and Maintenance
- Remove the cup holder from the unit.
- Loosen the thumbscrews on both sides of the drip tray cover.
- Remove the drip tray cover from the unit.
- Wipe down the cup holder and drip tray cover with warm soapy water, rinse them with clear water and allow them to air dry.
- Open the display panel and remove the thumbscrew holding the upper splash panel and pull the panel forward and down to remove it.
- Remove the two screws from the top two corners of the splash panel, slide the panel upward to disengage the two bottom tabs and pull the splash panel forward to remove it.
- Wipe down the splash panels with warm soapy water, rinse them with clear water and allow them to air dry.
- Replace the splash panels, the drip tray cover and the cup holder onto the unit.
Monthly Cleaning and Maintenance
- Clean the hopper.
- CAUTION: When pouring liquid into the hopper, do not exceed the rate of 1/2 gallon per minute. Pouring liquid into the hopper faster than the recommended rate could result in an overflow situation which may result in personal injury or damage to the equipment.
- Remove the top cover from the hopper or open the manual fill door on the ice maker (if equipped).
- Remove the agitator assembly by unscrewing the thumbscrew and lifting the agitator assembly out of the hopper.
- Using a cloth or sponge, clean the interior of the hopper, top cover and agitator assembly with soap solution. Thoroughly rinse the hopper, cover and agitator surfaces with clean potable water.
- Reassemble the agitator assembly. Take special care to ensure that the thumbscrew is tight.
- Using a mechanical spray bottle filled with sanitizing solution, spray the entire interior and the agitator assembly. Allow them to air dry.
- Replace the hopper cover or close the manual fill door on the ice maker (if equipped).
- Clean and sanitize the syrup tubing and BIB connectors.
- This task should only be done by a trained and qualified person. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions.
These instructions are written and meant for you or your staff to perform. For additional assistance performing this maintenance, please refer to your user manual or contact your local service provider.
For Cornelius technical support and warranty needs, contact Marmon Link at 1-800-238-3600.
In addition to the maintenance instructions provided, please follow all city, state, and corporate (if applicable) safety regulations when re-opening your location to the public.